Accessibility Standards for Customer Service (as per the Accessibility for Ontarions with Disabilities Act - AODA) – Accessibility Policy
TCE is committed to providing services and practices that emphasize customer service, independence, dignity, integration and equal participation for all persons with disabilities.
TCE has an Accessibility Policy, in which all staff are trained. Our policy includes but is not limited to the following:
Accessible Customer Service – Persons with disabilities will be given an equal opportunity to that given to others to obtain, use and benefit from goods and services.
Assistive Devices – TCE welcomes the use of assistive devices by persons with disabilities to use and benefit from. All services will be recognized and supported. A wheelchair ramp is available at this location
Communication – ASL , TTY and email are available
Support Persons and Service Animals are welcome.
- Confidential information will only be discussed in front of the support worker if consent has been provided by the person with a disability.
- Although service animals are prohibited where there is preparation and storage of food or when the presence of a dog would be a serious risk to another person, TCE will find alternative means to accommodate the person with the disability.
Notice of Service Disruption – TCE will post information including the reason for the disruption, anticipated duration and alternatives to access services and contact information. When a disruption of service is planned, a “Notice of Disruption of Service” will be posted 2 weeks prior to service disruption whenever possible. Unexpected disruptions in service shall be posted as soon as possible.
Notice of these disruptions will include, but not limited to TCE’s head office telephone voicemail, TCE’s website, email and posted signage
Customer Feedback Process
- In the event that there is a customer service problem, TCE will ensure that this complaint is addressed and resolved quickly as per TCE’s Compliant Policy and Procedures.
- Persons with disabilities are encouraged to make complaints or inquiries in a manner that takes into account their disability. This would be done verbally in person, through a support person, by telephone, in writing by completing the Customer Feedback Form, or other available written methods, i.e. via email.
- All TCE employees, agency personnel, students, volunteers, consultants and contractors are obligated to inform TCE of any customer service complaints. Failure to do so may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of their contract with TCE.
Customer Feedback Forms
- Customer Feedback Forms will be kept at TCE’s front desk head office facility.
- Upon arrival to TCE’s head office facility, the receptionist will provide each visitor a feedback form to complete.
- Feedback forms will be reviewed by management on a monthly basis during the Director’s meeting.
- Feedback will be shared quarterly on TCE’s website.
document Accessibility Policy & Accessibility Standards for Customer Service (48 KB) Notice of Availability of Documents
TCE’s Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) – Accessibility Policy and other policies and practices related to the provision of goods and services for people with disabilities are advertised through a variety of methods to ensure the public of their existence.
This policy is available in alternate formats upon request.
For more information please click document here (48 KB) to see TCE’s complete Accessibility Policy & Accessibility Standards for Customer Service.